A lot of you all have been asking me how to convert your summer hair regimens into regimens for the fall. Not everyone wants to or even needs to change their hair routine, it solely depends on the person. but changing up products could be helpful.
This is also a great time to try out those stretched styles you've had your eye on.
If you are looking for a few tips on changing your hair regimen for the fall, look no further.
RELATED | Flat Iron Hair at Five Years Natural
- Colder months usually mean drier hair, but you can beat this system by replenishing moisture often. You may want to consider co-washing, deep conditioning and moisturizing and sealing often.
- Changing how often you wash your hair depends on you. If you experience lot of breakage and shedding, you may want to consider stretching out your wash days. The exact opposite goes for those with a flaky and dry scalp. You may want to wash and condition frequently.
- Be careful when using coconut oil as the weather gets cooler. If you have authentic and organic coconut oil, the oil will turn into a solid once it hits cooler air. This means if you apply and then proceed outside, you hair may feel stiff. I recommend applying this oil before bed.
- If you haven't already, pretty soon you will be breaking out the scarves and jackets. Be careful with your clothing, in that your hair can catch on to the fabric and cause breakage. I recommend wearing updos or protective styles more often.
- You may want to consider using heavy oils and creams. This can prevent your hair from drying out during the day. Try shea butter or castor oil.
- If you are the one who wears protective styles often, you are ahead of the game. Protective styling can help you retain length and moisture. It can also prevent breakage and large amounts of shedding. Try braids, twists and buns. Get creative!