This weekend I rocked my biggest hair yet, and I absolutely loved it! The style was achieved by doing a loose braid out on stretched hair. How do you achieve a loose braid out? Simply leave your braids in for a shorter amount of time.
The day before the natural hair honors, I sported a bun on stretched hair. This was an old twist out I've worn for the past two weeks. See that twistout here. That night I lightly detangled my hair using my fingers, applied a light spray of water, then sealed in the moisture with Shea butter. I created about seven braids and tied them down with a scarf for the night.
The next morning I unbraided and was left with loose waves.
|My mom and I|
In short, you can achieve big hair by...
- Start your styling process on stretched hair (old twist, braid out, roller set, etc.)
- Use a small amount of a light moisturizer (water or leave-in conditioner)
- Seal in the moisture with a heavy butter (Shea, mango, etc. butter)
- Create 5-7 braids or twists and leave in overnight
- Undo in the morning and lightly fluff
You've got big hair!
S/N: Someone inquired about my outfit during the Ohio Natural Hair Honors, the white tee came from TjMaxx, the pants from Nordstrom Rack and the Nine West shoes from Nordstorm Rack as well. The last two items were on sale!
Curls & Canvas is almost a week away. Buy your tickets here