- Every 7 to 10 days I shampoo my hair usually with a sulfate-free shampoo. It really depends on if I am trying new products or whatever I may have on hand. Lately I've been loving Shea Moisture's Jamaican Black Castor Oil shampoo. I only shampoo the roots once and then apply conditioner to the length of my hair. I wash my hair in two sections. (Details on my wash method, here)
- I prepoo only if I feel that my hair will be difficult to detangle before my wash. I use coconut oil on my scalp and a conditioner on the length of my hair.
- Some of my favorite shampoos and conditioners are TRESemme Naturals Conditioner, Bask & Bloom Herbal Cleanser and Shea Moisture's Jamaican Black Castor Oil shampoo.
- I deep condition often with whatever I have on hand and what ever oil I may have lying around for 30 minutes or more. (olive,coconut, etc). Some of my favorite deep conditioners are Shea Moisture's Purification Masque, Aussie Moist 3 minute miracle and Organic Root Stimulator's Replishing Conditioner.
- The twist usually dry over night or if I am on the go I'll put on a beanie to continue the day.
- Once my hair is dry, I untwist and from there I can do a variety of styles using a styler. (twists, braids, roller sets, puffs, etc)
- Throughout the week I moisturize my scalp with coconut oil and tea tree oil. I also spray my hair with a water and oil mix or directly apply the oil to my hair.
Got a question? Send me an email at ClassyCurlies@gmail.com