I've been speaking to a few people as of lately who are just simply not happy with the state of their hair. It could be dry, have split ends, rough or a combination of the three.
It can also be frustrating when you have these issues and not sure where to begin to restore your hair to health. I have a few tips to getting your hair back on track.
RELATED | Dealing with Heat Damage | 6 Signs of Damaged Hair
- Give your hair a little TLC by deep conditioning your hair once a week for 30 minutes. You can do this while doing a few chores around the house or even while running errands (if you wear a hat).
- Choose one protective style per week. As you can tell, it is rare that I style my hair twice in one week. I'm usually really busy throughout the week and who wants to spend all of their free time doing their hair? Choose one protective style that will last the entire week and maintain it by moisturizing lightly.
- Have you been sleeping without your wrap? If so, it probably time to befriend your headscarf again. Not only will it maintain your style throughout the week, it will also help your hair retain moisture and help prevent breakage.
RELATED | Will Blow Drying Cause Heat Damage?
- If you hair is having trouble, it may be a sign the rest of your body is as well. Review the items you eat and drink every day. If they are full of sugar and lack nutrition, you may want to reconsider your eating habits which can greatly impact the state of your hair. This also includes increasing your water intake.
- If shedding is a major issue, try using black tea rinses for temporary help.
I hope this helps! Leave any questions or comments you have below.