I decided to do another another perm rod set but this time I used a slightly different technique. Instead of simply rolling my hair the normal way, I placed the roller half way on the length of my hair, then wrapped the bottom half around the roller. I then rolled the roller up the the top portion of the piece as normal.
Does that make sense? Haha. I hope so. If not, read on.
Here are my results:
If my first explanation didn't make sense, hopefully this will.
1. Create a small to medium sized section, depending on roller size
2. Detangle throughly and apply product
3. Hold/stretch out the section
4. Place the roller half way between the section creating an upper and lower half
5. Wrap the lower half of hair around the roller. Think the way you would wrap a support bandage on your wrist.
6. Roll the roller upward toward the root as normal
This technique gives the style more of a spiraled look.
Let me know how this works for you!