I've been using pure unrefined Shea butter for the last two months and I have to say that I am impressed. Of course, lots of the products that I use are made with Shea butter, but I was interested in seeing how it works alone.
I bought my Shea butter from my local beauty supply store for $5.99(peep the price tag lol). I used it to create my mini twists and to seal in the moisture for my hair. Shea butter is fat the comes from Shea tree nut and usually take about 50 years to grow.The trees are usually found in Africa.
- Provides moisture to dry and damaged hair because it contains lots of vitamin A and E
- Protects hair from extreme weather conditions including humidity
- Helps heals scalp issues pertaining to dry scalp, psoriasis, eczema, and dermatitis.
- Shields against UV sun rays
- Brings natural shine to hair
- Can stop scalp irritation due to chemical processes
When using this butter, only a little is needed and the microwave can be used to melt it so that it may be easier to work with. The color of unrefined Shea butter can vary because each batch is different. It can range from a yellow to a greyish color.
How do you use Shea butter?
Labels: shea butter