Technically I have never had a TWA or teeny weeny afro, but I did have a small fro at one point. Some women struggle with styles at this point in their journey, so I have combined a few different ideas for you all. The biggest thing I would say I would say is to embrace this stage. Sometimes I wish I would have been brave enough to do the big chop earlier than I did.
Here are a few ideas:
- You can do a twist-out if you have about 2-3 inches of hair.
- At almost any point, you can do a flat twist-out or braid-out
- Try a picked out fro
- Comb twist or finger coils give great definition on really short hair. Use gel to create
- With 2-3 inches of hair, you can create a mo-hawk. Get fancy with it and use fancy hair pins and coils at the base of the mo-hawk
- Experiment with creating different parts to separate sections. Create a side-part and slick down the two halves, wear the back curly
- Experiment with front styling. Create flat-twist, french braids, or tuck n roll twists
- Always be on the look out for fancy hair accessories
- Try flat-twisting or french braiding starting at the back of your head and working your way up. Wear the top curly
Hope these ideas help. Get creative! If you have any other ideas, comment below.
Labels: afro, braid out, coils, flat twist, teeny weeny afro, tuck and roll twists, TWA