I have been so busy lately. I'm currently participating in a mentor program for college freshman and I am in the process of moving which is taking up all of my time.
As some of you all I know, I got box braids last Saturday and they are keeping up pretty well. They still look nice and fresh. I will say that I can see just a tiny bit of new growth.My hair is growing fast! Here is how I have been maintaining them.
- Spraying my hair once in the morning and once at night with Jane Carter's Leave-In Conditioner. I spray both the braids, ends and scalp
- If I feel that my scalp is dry, I use a light moisturizer only in the problem area
- At night I wrap a scarf around the edges and pull the rest into a loose ponytail
That's it! I feel that if you have a protective style, you should not have an entire list of things to do. It's called a low maintenance style for a reason. I will wash them eventually, but not anytime soon. I will tell that process also once the time comes.
Things to Remember
- Keep your hair moisturized
- Always create loose ponytails so that edges will not become stressed
- Do not apply heavy products to your scalp. It will cause buildup
Labels: box braids, protective style