The key to hair growth is constantly moisturizing the hair and trapping in that moisture. A great way to seal in the moisture is to use essential oils.
The common list of essential oils used for hair health are:
- Carrot Seed(oil)
- Lavender-Regulates hair's natural scalp oils
- Lemongrass-Origin of lemon oil.Remove scalp buildup
- Rosemary-Helps stimulate blood circulation
- Peppermint- Helps stimulate blood circulation
- Tea Tree-Effective against fungal conditions. Soothes itchy scalp
- Sage-Removes buildup. Heals scalp conditions such as psoriasis
- Ylang Ylang- Fights scalp conditions
Carrier oils are a bit different than essential oils. They are usually made of some sort of vegetable and helps the essential oils absorb.
- Jojoba-For moisture
- Extra virgin olive-Moisturizes thick hair
- Castor-Good for hair loss
- Coconut-Good for shine and hair loss
- Sweet Almond-nourishes scalp
- Grapeseed- Heat protectant/shine
- Avocado-Growth stimulant
- Sesame-Heat protectant
You can buy most of these oils at your local health food store. They are also sold in Whole Foods, The Vitamin Shopee and GNC.
Be careful of buying products that are not pure. Some places such as Wal-Mart sell products that contain these products but they aren't the best way to go. You may need to spend a little more money on these oils,but they are worth it.