It has been hot and humid for about the past month and I do not think that it is going anywhere. During these times, there are some extra things that you could do to keep your hair in tip top shape. Here are some tips for protecting your hair from the heat.
- Buy a sun hat. I have a pink sun hat that I bought not too long ago and it works wonders. For one, they're fashionable and you can get them in many styles, colors and patterns. They keep your hair tucked away so that the sun's heat will not dry it out as much. The sun's rays can also damage hair color if you have any. P.S: It also provides great shade!
- Invest in a good quality anti-frizz serum. Most serums contain sillicones which help lock in the moisture. The more moisture, the better when the temperature is high.
- Create your own spray bottle mix. This saves money and time. Lightly misting your hair with your mix can help your hair retain moisture longer and a lot better. Say bye to dry hair. For help with this, click here.
- Hair ties and headbands are great for summer weather. A lot of times they are needed when too much hair is in the way and you become overheated. You can creates stylish ponytails,buns and puffs.
- Keep your eyes open for decorative scarves. They can help keep your hair out of the way and they also add a bit of poise to your style. There are many different ways that you can tie a scarf to create a unique style.
Labels: anti-frizz, sillicones, summer