The term "Alopeica" simply means "hair loss." There is a lot more to this "hair loss" thing than we know. I wanted to inform you all that there are different types of hair loss.
Types of Alopecia
- Androgenetic Alopecia- This type of alopcia is genetic and is affected by age and hormones
- Alopecia Areata- Usually linked to stress,but starts off as sudden hair loss
- Telogen Effluvium- This type of hair loss usually happens during a dramatic stage in someone's life (Ex: loss of loved ones, new children.)
- Postpartum Alopecia- temporary hair loss after a child is born.
- Alopeica Universalis- Causes all body hair to fall out including eyelashes and eyebrows
Other Things That can Trigger Hair Loss:
For the first part of this segment click here
Source for types of hair loss: "Thinning Edges" by Cathy Howse
Labels: hair loss