The other day before I put in twists, I trimmed my ends. I don't do this often and their isn't really a time schedule of when I do it.
I washed and conditioned my hair then added a deep conditioner. In about 5-7 sections, after detangling, I created big chunky twists with vitamin E oil.
I then took a pair of hair sheers and cut not even 1/8 of an inch off of the bottom. You can bearly tell that I actually cut my hair, but I knew it was time. I got a lot of SSK(single strand knots) at the ends of my twists.
It's that simple! here are a few tips to trimming your own hair.
- If you are looking to grow your hair longer don't set a time schedule to trim your hair. Only cut when roughness,dryness and or knots
- Only cut your hair using sharp hair sheers. Make sure that they are only scissors dedicated for hair
- Trim above the troubled spot
- Trim only directly across, not at an angle
- It's recommended to trim in chunky braids or twists
- Fully detanlge beforehand
- Cut 1/8-1/4 of an inch off