Today I am going to wash my kinky twist, which will be coming out soon! Although I use Tea Tree Oil on my scalp, I am getting the itchies and some buildup. Here are 7 my simple steps to washing twists.
7 Steps to Washing Twists
- Take your favorite shampoo, I am using Organix Moroccan Oil, and find a cup or small bowl.
- Fill the small container up with half shampoo and half water, then mix. (Diluting the shampoo makes it easier to wash)
- Rinse off twist using water (This could be in the shower or sink)
- Pour the diluted shampoo on to your head or if it is a bit thicker, take some in your hand and rub it solely on your scalp. ( focusing on the scalp is important because it is where all the buildup is)
- Wash the scalp and slowly move to the actual twist. (Don't rub them too much, this could cause the hair to unravel)
- Rinse and repeat the same steps using your favorite conditioner, I am using Herbal Essence Hello Hydration.
- Finally, dry using a soft towel (blot dry) or using an old t shirt.